Here are saved documents on the general account codes for conference calling and international access numbers:
Latour- Gifford Lectures
HARTSHORNE – CREATIVE SYNTHESIS
The Listening Course
Goethe’s Science Course
SpinbitZ Recordings (and more)
Joel and Glisten riff on the relation between qualia and quanta.
Joel and Glisten riff on the Pearl Principle of Encapsulation (SZ pp.237-240) etc.
JB Upcoming ConCall Thursday February 9th
- Object-oriented Philosophy
- Bruno Latour, ANT, Graham Harmon
- Bruno Latour, ANT, Graham Harmon
- Speculative Philosophy, Critical Realism, meta-Realism and Onto-logics
- Process Monism versus substance pluralism
- Toward an onto-logical process metaphysics
JB ConCall Thursday February 2 Agenda
- Fact-Value Duality (anthropocentric?)
- Naturalistic Fallacy : From “is” to “ought”
- Where do morals come from?
CA Upcoming ConCall Friday February 3 Agenda
- How do living centers create structure?
- How do we influence the group process – how people experience us in the group.
- How when and why do we obstruct living process?
CA ConCall Friday January 27th
- Relationship between Structure and Process
- Structure-destroying, linearity and dualistic consciousness
MP3 Recordings of ConCalls
(Note: Personal Check-Ins are Not Recorded and oftentimes constitute the majority of the call.)
54509624-13 CA ConCall Friday February 24th
54509624-12 JB ConCall Thursday February 23rd
CA ConCall 2012-02-17 CA ConCall Friday February 17th
54509624-11 JB ConCall Thursday February 16th
54509624-9 CA ConCall Friday February 10th
54509624-8 JB ConCall Thursday February 9th
54509624-7 CA ConCall Friday February 3rd
54509624-6 JB ConCall Thursday February 2nd
54509624-5 CA Concall Friday January 27th
54509624-4 JB ConCall Thursday January 26th
54509624-3 CA ConCall Friday January 20th
54509624-2 JB ConCall Thursday January 19th
54509624-1 CA ConCall Thursday January 13th
JB ConCall Thursday January 26th
To what extent is JB solipsistic or idealist, and to what extent is microgenetic itself, and process theory in general, anthropocentric view of reality ?
- Looking at the map of multiple streams, Process Philosophy will look anthropocentric to those on the “right” and look solipsistic (lack of intersubjectivity) to those on “left” and/ or reductionistic as it looks like from the center/soteriological.
- What is ultimately real in Process Philosophy is “process” — so objects are not ultimately real, they are contingent aspects of reality. Contingent on the onto-genetic processes that arise *from/as* the Real.
- There is no crisp cut with PP between conditioned reality and ultimate reality.
- If you understand the categories in PP, ultimate reality is always sublated within conditioned (or “processed” reality). Therefore there are only immanent transcendentals.
- PP contextualizes what the starting point of the arrow of time is going to be taken with respect to any description of an onto-genetic process. JB explicitly says his starting point is an idealist monism.
- The boundary of mind and world can be viewed from either side in aesthetics. In the step to ethics, however, this boundary tends to solidify as concessions to others come into play. But if we look closely at the objects of aesthetic and ethical judgment, we see a continuum from the one to the other. There is no point where an object leaves the mind and becomes part of an external non-cognitive world, nor is there a point when the object leaves its “physical” location in the world and becomes “purely” psychic fact.Interioricity and objectivity are at stake in every moral choice. The theory expounded in this book is a blend of idealism and naturalism that attempts to resolve the objectivity of ethical structures in a monist theory of process. Underlying this attempt is an account of self and other as tributaries of feeling. The relation of self to other is not a mere juxtaposition of separate personalities in time and space. The more basic problem for a radical subjectivism concerns the status of the other as an object in the mind of the observer. … It is my belief that the problems of subjectivism, far from being obstacles to a theory of subject-object relations, are the key to understanding the nature of value, compassion and the “place” of the other in the matrix of self.
- The question of authenticity/freedom as a human condition. (So is the question of “truth”, even alethic truth. ??
- The fact *that* the question *is* is a process of the Real ??
In the future we will be able to look further into our past.
- GD: I would like to ask “what is missing” from JB’s explanation, I feel there is a missing element of insight about the nature of our arising – perhaps is comes in later in the text, but for now I feel an indistinct incompleteness in his appraisal that is hard to define.
CA Concall Friday January 13th 3pm EST
- Immerse yourself in the narrative. Let go. Let Come.
- De-couple your desire to know from the chance to grow.
- What is Alexander’s methodology?
- Are particulars universals, too?
Group Launch January 7th
- WordPress Account & Blogging
- Weekly Track-Meets – Day & Time
- Specific Questions/Topics
- Skype Recordings with Guest
- Goals of the Blog/Journal Exercises
- Authors, Categories and Tags
- Pacing your Reading
- Teleconference Call Ongoing Access
Link to Recorded Session (video stream only — no concall audio)